The Right to Information Act 2009 was designed to improve the transparency of government decision-making by giving citizens, journalists, politicians and NGOs timely access to the information supporting government decisions.
This Right to Know week, join Community Legal Centres Tasmania for a free event discussing how the Right to Information Act 2009 operates in practice, and whether it is achieving its aims.
Associate Professor Rick Snell will present a “frank and fearless assessment of Tasmania’s RTI framework”, followed by a panel discussion featuring:
- Richard Connock, Tasmanian Ombudsman
- Cassy O’Connor, Leader of the Tasmanian Greens
- Madeleine Ogilvie, Labor Shadow Minister for Open Government & Information Integrity
- David Killick, Political Reporter, The Mercury
- Dale Webster, Executive Director for Consumer, Building and Occupational Services, Department of Justice
When: Monday, 25 September 2017, 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Where: Churchill Room, Salamanca Inn
To RSVP, go to https://right2knowtas.eventbrite.com.au