Every May, EDO Tasmania asks supporters to “forgo” one thing they would normally spend money on and instead donate that money to the EDO. You can forgo once, or forgo for the whole month; forgo something big or forgo something small – it’s up to you, and every bit helps!
There are heaps of things you could forgo to help raise much-needed funds:
- Walk or ride to work and donate the bus fare or parking fees
- Cut out your morning caffeine
- Say no to the last beer on Friday night, or dry out for the whole month
- Skip the trip to the movies (or, even better, host a movie night at home and donate your friends’ “ticket” fees)
- Go a month without chocolate
- Outlaw expletives with a workplace swear jar
- Or just forgo the cash!
This year, we’ve made it even easier to get involved. All you have to do is:
- Choose a forgo pledge from the list below, or email us with your specific forgo and we’ll send you a customised pledge.
- Share the pledge on Facebook or Twitter (#forgo4EDO) to let your friends know about your sacrifice and invite them to get involved
- At the end of the month, donate the amount you’ve saved to EDO Tasmania
If you’re not on Facebook, you can download a Pledge form to complete and email it around.
At the end of the month, we’ll be giving away two festival passes to the Dark MOFO Winter Feast – the earlier you pledge (or just donate), the more chances you will have to win.
EDO Tasmania is incredibly grateful to the wonderful Philippa Steele for her graphic design support for this campaign! Check out her great work.