Hobart City Council Climate Strategy
Hobart City Council is reviewing its Climate Change Strategy, and has released discussion papers on Reducing Emissions and Responding to Climate Change to guide input. Community forums will also be held in February 2018 to provide more opportunity for discussion (click here for details)
Comments on the discussion papers and draft Strategy can be made until 5 March 2018. Read more and have your say.
The Tasmanian Government has released two documents regarding options to grow new sectors of the tourism industry:
- Hospitality and Heritage Tourism Discussion Paper
- Draft Agri-tourism Strategy (the Strategy follows the release of a Discussion Paper last year)
Stay up to date
To stay up to date with opportunities to comment, subscribe to the EDO Tasmania Bulletin. You can also use these resources to gather information about current opportunities to have your say.
- Tasmanian Government
- Environment Protection Authority – Assessments in Progress
- TasWater – Have your say
- Tasmanian Planning Commission – Amendments to Planning Scheme
- Planning Alerts – this is a free website that allows you to register to receive an email when a local government planning application is lodged near you (note: as at January 2016, only Hobart, Launceston, Clarence, Kingborough, Huon Valley and Sorell Councils have signed up to this service – if you are in another local government area, encourage your council to register with Planning Alerts)
- Local councils
- check the public notices in your local paper, look for the Council logo. All discretionary planning applications must be advertised
- read local newsletters for information about upcoming public meetings and consultations
- check your Council’s website (generally, in the “Public Notices” section).