People who have a good understanding of the way environmental decisions are made can make a great contribution to environmental protection. Information can also support your efforts to have laws changed to improve the protection that is available.
EDO Tasmania produces a wide range of information resources to help the community to understand environmental laws, how these laws affect them, and how the law can be used to help protect our environment:
- Fact sheets – easy to understand overview of a range of environmental law matters.
- Bulletin – a fortnightly bulletin providing updates on environmental laws, policies and legal cases, upcoming events and opportunities to comment.
- The Environmental Law Handbook – an online guide to Tasmania’s environmental and planning laws
- Other publications
- Lifting the Standards: Opportunities to Improve Tasmania’s Environmental Laws
- State Forests, National Interests – a review of the Tasmanian RFA
- Community Guide to Mining Law
- Going It Alone – a guide for unrepresented litigants in the Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal
- One Stop Chop – an analysis of Regional Forest Agreements
- RMPAT Bulletin – a monthly bulletin summarising decisions of the Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal
We also deliver community workshops, present at community events and prepare specific resources to assist clients with various projects.
Image: Rob Blakers