EDO Tasmania invites law, planning, geography and politics students with a genuine interest in resource management issues, social justice and environmental law to apply for our 2016-2017 summer internship programme. Internships are available during the following periods:
- 5 – 16 December 2016
- 9 – 20 January 2017
- 6 – 17 February 2017
Internships provide opportunities to:
- Develop an understanding of the Resource Management and Planning System;
- Gain practical research and drafting experience;
- Provide paralegal support in environmental court cases;
- Contribute to policy and law reform projects in areas such as marine farming, environmental assessment, cultural heritage, mining and planning;
- Learn more about the roles of different government agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of environmental law resources;
- Get an insight into working at a community legal centre;
- Establish network contacts with planning and environmental law practitioners.
Preference will be given to students who have completed 4 – 5 years of their degree.
Click here for the 2016 Internship information pack (and application form). Applications are due by 7 November 2016.